Croydon, United Kingdom
Permanent | Full Time
We currently require a Senior Traffic Modeller to join our team in Croydon. Croydon is one of the fastest-growing areas in London with excellent transport links and is only 12 minutes to Central London. Our modern office has a multi-disciplinary design and planning capability. With our "Freedom to Grow policy", we offer agile and flexible working options that allow you to manage your work-life balance.
We would consider the role on either a full or part-time basis and are happy to look at a range of different working patterns.
Our Traffic team is involved in a number of high profile projects with a variety of clients in the UK and the Middle East. A selection of our current and recent projects includes:
Southwark Highways and Professional Services Contract
Transport for London
Thames Tideway Tunnel
London Highway Alliance Contract
High Speed 2
• Take a lead role in traffic modelling studies, taking responsibility for the contributions and management of junior staff as appropriate.
• Act as a Project Manager on small-medium size projects
• Preparation of fee proposals for manager approval and contribute to major bids
• Working with clients and assisting with client meetings and presentations
• Establish strong working relationships with other disciplines within AECOM and external organisations where required
• Manage sub-consultants to produce deliverables against agreed timescales and in line with the budget
• Share knowledge and support team managers in mentoring junior staff
• Help to grow the Croydon office traffic modelling team
• Support project and business development activities
• Familiar with relevant Health and Safety regulations and to promote a culture of awareness within the team
Degree or Masters qualification in an analytical subject i.e.Engineering, Mathematics or Geography or equivalent
Specific Skills Required
• Expert user of LINSIG/TRANSYT and VISSIM
• Ability to interrogate modelling outputs and assess scheme impacts
• Knowledge of TfL’s Modelling Guidelines and Model Audit Process
• Good numerical and analytical skills
• Good report writing skills
• Knowledge of data collection requirements and techniques
• Proficient user of MS Excel and Word
• Safeguard - To operate ethically and with integrity, while prioritising safety and security in all that you do
• Be decisive - Know how to prioritize, advocate focus and accountability
• Be impactful - Use clear and frequent communications, drive execution and results.
• Be client-focused - Be collaborative, innovative and strategic
• Be the role model - Lead by example, demand excellence, maintain safety and integrity as top priorities
• Evidence of project management and client-facing work
• Demonstrate experience and good understanding in local network modelling using modelling packages: LINSIG, TRANSYT and
VISSIM (with VIS-VAP)
• Experience of model calibration and validation techniques and criteria
Experience with UTC-VISSIM
• Experience with strategic modelling packages
• Experience in pedestrian modelling
• Experience in using GIS packages
• Knowledge / experience of undertaking concept, preliminary or detailed design, especially traffic signal schemes
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions and overall through programs supported by company leadership. Our define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Keep Calm and waka waka...