Our client is seeking an Intermediate to Senior Project Manager who will oversee projects for a variety of clients and will become the principal contact for a specific list of clients.
The Environmental Due Diligence & Remediation Group located in the Mississauga office is one of our clients’ largest operating groups. Within it, you will find a very talented and busy group of Project Managers, Engineers, Scientists, Technologists and top-notch Administrative professionals led by some of the most driven and talented Environmental Managers and Directors in the industry.
This company values their clients and so a fit with them, as well as the team, will be critical. Excellent communication skills, professional presentation, and technical expertise are required. Excellent writing skills are vital for this role, as is a high level of attention to detail. These things will be determined during the interview process and, of course, our client needs to be sure that they are a fit for you too.
• Meeting with clients to discuss their needs followed by a proposal and contract documents based on your recommendations
• Participation in initiatives with the marketing department to build new client relationships and maintain existing ones
• Challenging work with a diverse group of clients
• Building your leadership and mentorship skills by working with junior staff on your projects
• Partnering with attentive finance staff to tackle the financial aspects of project work
• A Bachelor of Science or Applied Science, or Bachelor of Engineering
• 10+ years of experience within environmental consulting, ideally 7 of those years will be in a project management position
• P.Eng. or P.Geo. designation is required
• Experience with conducting Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessments for transactional due diligence purposes
• Experiencing with conducting soil and groundwater remediation programs
• Experience in the completion and project management of work in support of filing Records of Site Condition in accordance with O.Reg. 153/04
• Must possess familiarity with invoicing, budgeting, and other areas of project related financial management
• Experience with business development initiatives and client interaction
• All technical staff require a car, valid driver’s license, and insurance as travel around the designated region is occasionally required.
• There are times when security clearance is required in order to gain access to a job site so a Criminal Background Check will be conducted.