We are assisting a leading engineering & project management contractor that specialises in the delivery of projects in highly regulated industries that include nuclear, defence and research.
They are currently seeking an experienced Senior Project Planning Engineer to assist with the delivery of a portfolio of nuclear engineering and defence sector projects. Ideally looking for someone with experience of large and complex projects, who can manage teams and has a good understanding of theoretical planning concepts (e.g. Change Control Management, Earned Value Management, etc.).
Roles and Responsibilities:
As Senior Project Planner you will be expected to set out, monitors, maintain and update the project schedule in coordination with all stakeholders of the project. You will provide information to the Project Management and Design Management teams on project progress including critical path and project milestones. You will work closely with the Project Services team in monitoring programme KPI’s e.g. Earned Value.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Draft programmes in conjunction with the Project team for approval by the Project Manager
- Discuss & agree resources and timescales with the Project Manager
- Ensure all activities within the Project scope of work are included in programmes
- Issue programmes of work in accordance with Document Control system
- Gather information from design team, subcontractors, client for progress reporting purposes
- Responsible for updating the project plan throughout the project lifetime
- Maintain cause and effect records in liaison with the Project Manager
- Regularly update the project resource plan and discuss peaks and troughs with the Project Manager
- Manage progress reporting against the programme
- Pursue sub-contractors programmes & ensure alignment with those of the project
- Operate change control in line with the Project contract requirements
- Recommend delivery and sequencing strategies to the Project Manager based on project knowledge
- Recommend internal Project Control Process Improvements and undertake quality checks
- Provide client performance data and reports as required
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum HND or equivalent level of qualification is required
- PC literate in Microsoft Office suite
- Knowledge of using Project Planning software (Primavera) is required.
- SC or DV level security clearance is preferred though not essential. DV Security Clearance will be sponsored by the Company and all candidates MUST be eligible for DV clearance
- Demonstrable competence gained in a planning/scheduling role
- Understand Baseline and Change Management
- Experience of working within a project delivery environment
- Full knowledge of the Project Lifecycle
- Preferably degree qualified in technical/engineering or project management discipline though not essential
- Ideally, a depth of experience will have been gained within a construction industry incorporating at least either civil, electrical or mechanical engineering disciplines
- Full UK Driving Licence
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.