Permanent | Full Time
Are you interested in being a founding engineer on a v1 service that will have positive impact across multiple AWS services and provide significant value back to customers? If so, this may be the role for you.
We are looking for a highly skilled, experienced, and motivated engineer to help us reinvent the customer experience with databases. You will build a brand-new service that will drive substantial improvements in how AWS operates managed database services in the cloud. In doing so, you will face tough engineering challenges with distributed systems at massive scale and have the opportunity to collaborate and learn from some of the top engineers across AWS.
You will also participate in product direction, roadmap planning, project execution scheduling, and hiring engineers to develop cutting-edge database services. A successful candidate will bring deep technical and leadership expertise and the ability to work in a fast-paced startup culture to deliver solid code that will have broad business impact.
This is a rare chance for you to be a part of a highly visible team building a service from the ground up that will deliver transformative solutions to customers and chart the course for other AWS services to follow.
To learn more about Amazon RDS visit:
· 4+ years of professional software development experience
· 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
· 4+ years professional experience in software development of multi-threaded, scalable and highly-available distributed systems
· Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, high-performance computing, algorithm design, complexity analysis, problem solving and diagnosis
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent work experience
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Hands-on knowledge of the full software development lifecycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Experience with distributed databases and/or storage systems
· Knowledge of OS or database internals
· Experience working with cloud services or operating large scale systems
· Master’s or PhD degree in Computer Science or related field
Keep Calm and waka waka...