Hill Air Force Base, United States of America
Permanent | Full Time
Purpose and Scope:
Shipping/Receiving Clerks will support the Inventory Department at Hill AFB. 4/10 Shift hours of operation Monday through Thursday 5:00am - 3:30p.m.
Primary responsibilities is on the processes involved in 1st and 2nd inventory counts and the receipt and/or shipping of material to ensure items being stowed or shipped meet customer requirements. May use anti-static devices. Reports to Designated Lead, Supervisor, or Manager.
1) Identifies, examines, classifies, accepts, rejects, and disposes of material as per regulations.
2) Visual examination or use of measuring devices and techniques may be performed under mentoring assistance of senior personnel.
3) Able to use basic processes of inspection/examination procedures for material.
4) Able to read specifications and photographs as/if required in DLA contract.
5) Able to use blueprints, schematics, etc., under mentoring of senior personnel.
6) Load material on and off of skids, pallets, stands.
7) Prepare labels as required.
8) Able to prepare basic reports.
9) Operate tools and equipment in performance of duties.
10) Receive data from and input data to automated systems in performance of receiving/shipping duties.
11) May operate material handling equipment as assigned and hold appropriate license.
12) Count, weigh, record data, apply tags and labels.
13) Able to make preventive maintenance adjustments to related equipment.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Shop environment in with hazardous equipment, Moving MHE, obstacles and high volume of activity. Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds for short distances, stoop, bend, kneel, walk, have full dexterity, and correctable vision. Outside work in hot and cold or wet weather is often required. Work environment often has fumes or airborne particles. Noise level is loud. Protective devices are required to avoid injury.In some location, this position requires the candidate to be available, on short notice, to work all shifts in multiple work areas as required. Frequent evenings and Saturday shifts may be required.
Safety - AECOM enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the AECOM Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable AECOM Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
Minimum three (3) months general work experience which will demonstrate ability to perform requirements of position. No specific experience required. High school diploma or GED required. May substitute experience for education at the rate of one year of general experience for one year of high school. Position requires the ability to pass and maintain a National Agency Check. Must have valid driver's license.
Must be able to obtain license to use MHE within 30 days of selection.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions and overall through programs supported by company leadership. Our define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Keep Calm and waka waka...