Permanent | Full Time
Job location: 510 West Georgia Street, Vancouver, V6B 0M3
Overview and Responsibilities:
On this team, you will have the opportunity to influence design and architectural choices which would have impact on our system, our workflow, and most importantly, our customers. You will need to be able to work efficiently and effectivity in a fast-paced multiple team environment. You should have a solid combinations of Quality Assurance knowledge and Software Development Best Practices, as well as practical knowledge of object oriented design principles and development. You will be working with developers, QA Engineers and TPM to identify testability issues, automation opportunities and implement continuous deliver solutions. You will advocate for Quality and champion for best practices by sharing your expertise.
This Software Development Engineer – Test (SDET) position requires proven skills in test automation development and methodologies. The ideal candidate must have top notch computer science skills, be obsessed with customer satisfaction, and have a demonstrated track record of passion for leveraging technologies to help build incredible quality products. We expect the ideal candidate to scope, design, implement, and maintain solutions for projects and work both independently and collaboratively with other QAE and developers.
Salary Range: $94,300 to $157,500/yr, commensurate with experience
Benefits: Amazon provides a full range of benefits for our global employees and their eligible family members. Eligible employees may also receive signing bonuses and Amazon Restricted Stock Units. While they might vary from location to location, Amazon benefits for Canada may include:
• Health Care
• Savings Plans
• Income Protection
• Paid Time Off
• Signing Bonuses
• Employee Stock
• Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Math, or a related field, and 4 years of relevant work experience
• Automation experience (test, integration, build/release, etc.) in a distributed environment
• Test and system optimization experience
• Demonstrated ability to own, design, lead and implement test strategies for complex applications and deployment topologies
• Demonstrated ability to independently take a project from idea to design to production deployment
• Demonstrated ability to communicate with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and create / explain / defend technical designs
· All applicants must meet the qualifications above
Keep Calm and waka waka...