Permanent | Full Time
Use your deep technical skills and experience to make Amazon a better place to work and delight our customers by joining Amazon Connections.
Amazon Connections is an innovative program that gives Amazonians an effective way to give feedback on the workplace and help shape the future of the company. By asking employees quick questions every day, Connection leverages real time information to learn more about their experiences and introduce positive changes with internal business partners around the world. Our goal is to strengthen Amazon’s workplace culture and help develop leaders who earn trust, remove barriers to excellence and make Amazon an inspiring place to work.
The Content and Campaigns Team develops business systems that drive high quality content to the right people, generating high quality results. Be part of a team that develops full-stack solutions that leverage state of the art AWS technologies. Technologies used include React/Saga UI, TypeScript lambdas, Coral fronted Java/DDB enterprise stack and more.
In this role you will:
· Work with Technical leaders across the org to deliver large distributed projects to delight our customers
· Write high-quality, efficient, testable code in Java and other object-oriented languages
· Build highly available, secure, systems in a microservices architecture
· Collaborate with some of the best engineers in the industry
· Find out what it takes to engineer systems for "Amazon Scale"
· Own and operate the systems that you build
· Contribute to planning, design, implementation, testing, operations, and process improvement as a senior member of the team
· Get firsthand experience engineering client apps as well as AWS services such as Lambda, EC2, S3, DynamoDB and others
The Connections Software team combines the culture of a startup, the innovation and creativity of a R&D Lab, and technical challenges at the scale of Amazon.
We offer opportunities for builders to build and make history!
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
· BS Computer Science/Computer Engineering
· 5+ years of professional development using modern service and web development technologies and techniques
· Solid coding practices including peer code reviews, unit testing, and a preference for agile development
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
· Eagerness to adopt a lead role in mentoring and developing others
· Exceptional problem solving and troubleshooting skills
· Obsession with quality, operational excellence, and customer experience
· Strong problem solving and analytical abilities
· Strong verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work in a team environment
· Experience and willingness to mentor more junior engineers and help them develop their skills and leadership abilities
· Experience designing, building and deploying scalable, highly-available systems
· Experience working across teams to deliver highly complex systems at every level
· MS Computer Science/Computer Engineering.
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operations
· Demonstrated ability to mentor junior software engineers in all aspects of their engineering skill-sets.
· Experience taking a lead role developing complex software systems that have successfully been delivered to customers.
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs and product strategy.
· Experience with React
· Appetite and enthusiasm to work with new technologies
· Keen interest in staying current with the latest trends and techniques in the industry
· Strong UX skills and sound knowledge of UX best practices with the ability to incorporate them into solutions
Keep Calm and waka waka...