Permanent | Full Time
Are you looking for an intimate, fast-paced, early stage AWS team to apply your deep analytical and engineering skills to? Come join us building Amazon Chime! (https://chime.aws/) Amazon Chime is our solution to Unified Communications. Launched in 2017, we are built on top of the AWS cloud using AWS toolsets. We are specifically looking for leaders who are interested in improving our customer browser experience by building out our web based technologies.
At Amazon Chime, we believe in using AWS's scale, reliability, flexibility and ease of use to deliver early versions of this exciting software quickly and iteratively, to get customer feedback, and use the feedback to make data driven and agile decisions. We rely on software engineers leveraging their own expertise and perspectives to drive quality into our product.
This specific position is to help build end-user facing features for our Chime client applications. We solve interesting, real-world challenges - we optimize the customer experience for a range of devices, develop new user experiences, overcome slow networks, and build common technologies that can be used by other teams.
We are looking for Software Engineers with the passion and experience for building hybrid apps for Windows/MacOS leveraging hosted web views and React based web components. Key areas include: enabling rapid client development, finding innovative ways to scale and increase performance, inventing tools for continuous integration and automated testing, and building critical new features, while supporting existing Amazon technologies.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• BS or Masters in Computer Science & 5+ years of experience
• Experience with other frontend development skills is a plus
• Experience developing end user application on Windows / MacOS.
• Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, operating systems, and/or distributed systems
• Strong proficiency in one or more of the following: ReactJS, C#, Objective-C, C/C++.
• Experience work closely with other developers to understand their needs and issues and to develop cooperative solutions
• Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality
• Ability to take raw product requirements and create software architectures and designs to bring them to life
• Comfortable with writing line one of a service as well as maintaining line 50,000
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Women / Minority / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Keep Calm and waka waka...