Superintendent for institutional Public Projects
Our client, a well-established and constantly evolving company, which has specialized in the construction field as a general contractor for over 43 years and whose head office is in Montreal, is currently looking for a Superintendent for institutional public projects for the Greater Montreal region.
Reporting directly to the Executive Vice President and General Manager, Public Works, the responsibilities of the Superintendent are as follows:
- Supervise the work of staff and subcontractors on the site, solve problems and act as a resource person on the site. Read plans and specifications and have documents and specifications applied to the project under construction.
- The superintendent is responsible for supervising construction sites and ensuring that site conditions comply with code and health and safety regulations.
- He ensures compliance with quality standards, specifications and project schedule. The superintendent organizes site meetings as needed and performs, on a daily basis, all the tasks required to keep the project on track and to update all required reports and documents.
- The superintendent must remain in constant communication with the project manager and other team members. The superintendent is one of the keys to ensuring the success and on-time completion of current projects. He establishes strong relationships and he maintains ongoing communication with sub-contractors and site personnel.
- The superintendent should have good interpersonal skills and he is able to resolve conflicting situations. He must be reliable and flexible and able to diffuse stress at critical times. He demonstrates positive leadership and good management and negotiation skills.
- The superintendent should be results oriented and have a sense of urgency.
- Sufficient computer knowledge is required.
What the individual needs to be successful in this role:
- Minimum of 7 years of experience as a Superintendent for public projects for a general contractor.
- Experience and knowledge of the public and institutional work market.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in French.
- Thorough understanding of the procedures, tasks and responsibilities of a construction superintendent for public projects.
The person is able to respond quickly to changing operational needs and to project manager needs. The superintendent should have excellent technical and organizational skills, time management and problem solving skills.
Additional benefits for the candidate:
A series of advantages for the candidate can be added to the candidate's offer depending on the candidate profile selected for this position:
- Group insurance plan
- RRSP contribution
- Reimbursement of professional expenses (Professional orders and others)
- Training and development plan
- Flexible schedule and possibility of teleworking
- Performance bonus
- Material benefit linked to work (eg: car allowance, gas, etc.)
- And other possible advantages.