£ 35,000 - £ 41,000 per year, mileage allowance, flexible working,
Bishop Auckland, North East, United Kingdom
Permanent | Full Time
Are you a hard working social worker keen to progress your career in fostering ? Our client is a well-established Registered Charity and an Independent Fostering Agency. Our client provides a wide and varied range of foster placements but specialise in long term 'Family for Life' placements. They firmly believe the Foster Carers are the most valuable resource deserving the highest levels of support they can offer.
This is an exciting opportunity for a qualified social worker to join a successful fostering team. You will have the knowledge and skills to undertake the full range of Supervising Social Worker tasks, including supervising foster carers, working with other professionals, report writing and attendance at meetings. Not only will you have excellent communication and interpersonal skills you will also be hardworking, positive, and motivated to improve outcomes for looked after children.
This post is a 12 month fixed term contract based in Bishop Auckland, County Durham.
Fantastic Benefits available:
A progressive organisation who promote a friendly and supportive working environment, where you will be rewarded for your hard work and results. As well as a competitive annual salary (up to £35,200 depending on experience), plus a very generous car allowance (£4800 pa) and out of hours allowance (£1200 pa) they offer a comprehensive benefits package, including:
* Private Health Care
* Occupational Sick Pay
* Dental Cover
* Life Assurance
* Childcare Vouchers
* Enhanced Maternity Pay
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Long Service Awards
* Holidays (31 days)
* 35 hour working week
The Supervising Social Worker role:
* Recruit, assess and support Foster Carers as well as make placements in response to referrals from Local Authorities
* low caseload management system ensures that you achieve good outcomes for you children and maintain a high quality service.
* Someone who can work flexibly as part of a busy team and wants the opportunity to provide a quality service to children, young people and Foster Cares. Working links to the Foster Care environment would be advantageous.
* Maintaining and developing effective working relationships with internal colleagues in the wider organisation and external agencies to ensure the best outcomes for children, young people and their families.
In order to be considered for this role, you should have:
* Proven experience in delivering statutory children's social care services you will have knowledge of social care children's legislation and be confident in delivering the best outcomes and decisions on behalf of service users. Remember it pays to have friends, make a referral and get £300.
Randstad Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Care is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Did you know that Randstad Care have been awarded a place on the National Clinical Staffing Framework for the NHS? This means we will be able to bring you more opportunities within nursing & midwifery and clinical staffing.
skills be able to manage challenging situations,be person centred,can work as an individual or part of a team,caring,competent at dealing with all stakeholders,critical thinking,emotional intelligence,empathy,handling medication,non-judgemental,oral communication,organisational,passionate,patience,report writing (incident logs and daily plans etc),resilient,show initiative,time management,tolerance,understanding,work well under pressure,written communication
educational requirements BA in social work
Keep Calm and waka waka...