£ 15,500 - £ 16,500 per year
Guildford, South East, United Kingdom
Permanent | Full Time
Are you looking for a teaching assistant role?
Are you an inspirational and motivated teaching assistant?
Are you looking for your next challenge?
A wonderful school in the Guildford area is looking for a teaching assistant to join their vibrant and state of the art setting. The school supports children who are on various levels of the autistic spectrum. Your role will to be to support, guide and encourage academic and emotional progression.
Benefits of working with Randstad:
* 1:1 specialised SEND consultant
* CV and career advice tailored to you
* Salary negotiation on your behalf
* Flexibility of work pattern for other roles
Benefits of working at the school:
* Career progression
* On-site parking
* Access to all school facilities
* CPD and in-house training provided
Your role will require:
* An understanding of each students' health plan
* Liaise with teacher to ensure all learners are supported
* Engage with the learners to keep them on task
* Deliver 1:1 or small group focused lessons when required
The skills required:
* Good Maths and English skills
* Previous experience working with Autistic learners or challenging behaviour is essential (child or/and adults)
* Patience and flexibility to deal with changes that may present themselves due to the nature of the learners
* Ability to look after children's physical, social and emotional welfare
If you have the skills for this role, please apply today for an interview with the school for a September start.
I have an array of positions in East Sussex, West Sussex and the Brighton and Hove area as well as the Kent , Essex and Surrey area which may also be of interest to you.
Randstad Education maintains the highest standard of child safety and compliance when placing candidates into schools.
Any successful candidates will be subject to the compliance process that also includes the enhanced DBS check.
skills de-escalation techniques,experience in managing challenging behaviour,experience with autism spectrum disorders,experience with learning difficulties,experience with social emotional mental health
educational requirements high school
Keep Calm and waka waka...