Our Transportation team is rapidly growing so we currently have a vacancy for an Engineer in our St Albans office. We would consider the role on either a full or part-time basis and are happy to look at a range of different working patterns.
You will be responsible for the delivery of traffic engineering, local transport and urban design/streetscape schemes in our Traffic and Local Roads team. The Traffic and Local Roads team provides concept and preliminary design, network modelling, detailed design, project delivery and construction management services on a wide range of projects for local authorities and contractors plus supports other AECOM business lines where their projects have a specialised traffic and highways interface.
You will be joining a growing team that is actively involved in the delivery of projects and services to a range of both local and national clients including:
- London Highway Alliance Contract
- Southwark Highways & Professional Services Contract
- Transport for London
- Midlands Highway Alliance
The role would suit a self-motivated individual looking to advance their career in a dynamic and complementary team. In addition to delivering work within the local office, the role will occasionally involve working with other AECOM teams in the UK and Ireland. We are therefore seeking an individual who is able to work flexibly across other AECOM offices to support the wider business, as well as being offered the opportunity to work in AECOM's wider UK European, Middle East, India and Africa regions.
- Provide a contribution to preparation preliminary or detailed design and project delivery of traffic engineering, local transport, urban design/streetscape and local authority/municipal highway schemes,
- Help to prepare detailed technical reports providing specialist technical contributions as required,
- Undertake Health & Safety duties including ensuring a safe and consistent working environment for the project team members and fulfilling all responsibilities for health, safety and environment in design,
- Following successful accreditation on the AECOM project management system act as a Project Manager including monitoring financial performance. Comprehensive training on AECOM's project management system will be provided,
- Support Senior Management of Local Roads team,
- Contribute to client briefs, fee proposals and major bids.
- You will have a successful track record in the detailed design stages and delivery of a portfolio of traffic engineering and local transport schemes Experience of monitoring financial and programme performance Multi-disciplinary project experience as task leader,
- Good technical and social skills,
- Ability to demonstrate understanding and application of relevant design standards and regulations.
Whilst not essential, you may have any of the following desirable skills:
- Specialist traffic engineering knowledge
- Appreciation of traffic modelling 3D Design (MX or Civils 3D)
- Urban Design/Streetscape,
- Project Management qualifications (e.g. PRINCE2)
- Highways asset management and maintenance,
- CSCS Card holder.
Your benefits will include:
- A relevant degree or HND and membership of a professional institution and working towards an appropriate Chartered status.
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us. If you join AECOM, as well as receiving a competitive salary, you’ll also have the opportunity to explore flexible working arrangements. Core benefits include 25 days’ annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
You’ll also be able to give back to communities with up to two paid CSR days each year. Through our charity, The AECOM Foundation, you can volunteer to support children in developing countries. And if you’re a member of the Reserve Forces you’ll receive an additional 15 days paid leave for training commitments.What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions and overall through programs supported by company leadership. Our define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.