Welcome to GFL!
We are a dynamic, growth-oriented and safety-focused company. Providing collection and processing for Waste, Recycling and Organics, GFL stretches from across North America with over 10,000 employees. With customer service and safety as our focus, we are looking for full time energetic and driven, Hydrovac Operator to support our growing company.
With an eye to continued growth and steady employment, we offer the following:
- A healthy workplace culture
- Flexible working environment and hours
Career stability and advancement is well-within the reach of driven and motivated employees!
The Hydrovac Operator will work with the GFL Team to provide exceptional service to our clients. Services provided include (but are not limited to) confined space entry, spill cleanup and sump cleaning, water hauling, and loading and hauling of various fluids/ material. The chosen individual will perform this diverse range of activities with a focus on safety, professionalism and teamwork.
- Safely operate equipment in an industrial setting
- Follow company policies and procedures as well on-site requirements
- Provide exceptional service to all clients and professionally represent GFL
- Complete daily equipment pre-trips and driver logs required for safety and service schedules
- Maintain detailed and accurate company documentation to accompany work performed
- Perform physically demanding tasks
- Participate in safety programs such as safety meetings, near miss reporting and job hazard assessments
- Work independently while managing time and productivity and communicate effectively
- Class 1 or 3 driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract
- Industrial vacuum truck and hydro-excavating experience preferred
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Safety-focused attitude with experience working in an industrial setting
- Possesses cleanliness and organizational skills
- Must be in good health and physical condition to perform duties assigned
GFL Environmental is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The heart of GFL is found in the people who help us thrive.
While we’re proud to provide well-maintained equipment and state-of-the-art facilities to get the job done, GFL takes even more pride in the talented and dedicated people we employ to help ensure that our customers’ diverse Infrastructure and environmental management needs are handled safely and efficiently. At Green For Life, we enforce practical and safe work scheduling for all team members and maintain competitive wages plus comprehensive benefits packages.
GFL places the highest priority on the health and safety of the people involved in all aspects of our work. We invest in extensive safety training opportunities and work with institutes across North America to provide frontline instruction through industry-leading experts. From our first-class knowledge and strict regulatory compliance to our wide range of evaluation policies — GFL is committed to ensuring that all of our services are performed with the utmost attention